We had a meeting today between a customer and our CISO, Bret Arsenault. As always Bret was giving a lot of insights into his world and he was talking about our cloud transformation. Obviously, there was a time, where our migration stalled, and they were trying to figure out, why. He then learned from somebody, that there are only 6 reasons, why people resist, and they can be summarized by FFUUEE:
- Fair: The task doesn’t seem reasonable.
- Fear: The person performing the task is afraid of it.
- Understand: The task doesn’t make sense to the performer.
- Urgent: There’s a lack of pressure to complete the task.
- Entitled: The person doesn’t feel they should have to take the task on.
- Exhausted: The employee doesn’t have the bandwidth to complete the task.
An interesting model to look at and think about yourself – when are you resisting to do something? It most probably violates one of the points above.