A teacher in the US reached a settlement with his former employer regarding an age discrimination suit. It was agreed that the $80k settlement should remain confidential. However, the teacher informed the court that they had to tell their daughter “something”. Which led the girl to post on Facebook (“only” to her 1200 “friends”):
Mama and Papa Snay won the case against Gulliver. Gulliver is now officially paying for my vacation to Europe this summer. SUCK IT.
This was seen by the court as a breach in the confidentiality agreement â€“ no settlement, no vacation.
Careful, what you postâ€¦.
Read the whole article here: US girl loses her father’s $80K settlement after boasting about win on Facebook
- Dana Snay’s Facebook Post Costs Father $80k (webpronews.com)
- Daughter’s “SUCK IT” Facebook post costs father $80,000 (kdvr.com)
- Snay It Ain’t So: Florida Father Loses $80,000 Settlement Over Daughter’s Facebook Posting (jonathanturley.org)
- Girl Costs Father $80,000 with ‘SUCK IT’ Facebook Post (wgno.com)
- Girl’s Facebook post costs father $80,000 (azfamily.com)