Following the attacks on Estonia, they published a pretty interesting paper called Cyber Security Strategy by the Ministry of Defense in Estonia. One thing which I see again and again is that most of the people looking into such strategies conclude that strong collaboration is needed between the different players as well as across country borders. I recently made the statement that the only people profiting from missing collaboration are the criminals â€“ and I am serious about that.
So, there are five policies identified by Estonia to work on:
- The development and large-scale implementation of a system of security measures
- Increasing competence in cyber security
- Improvement of the legal framework for supporting cyber security
- Bolstering international co-operation
- Raising awareness on cyber security
You will find the whole report here.