There were just new resources released for the Security Compliance Manager: the Windows Server 2008 R2 Security Baseline and the Office 2010 Security Baseline, and setting packs for Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8. This packs help you to manage your security and compliance.
The Security Compliance Manager works with the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit and the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) to help you plan, securely deploy, and manage new Microsoft technologies—easier, faster, and at less cost. Learn more.
These are the next steps proposed by the product team:
- First, learn more about the Security Compliance Manager tool. Next, learn more about the new security baselines and setting packs:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Security Baseline
- Microsoft Office 2010 Security Baseline
- Windows 7 setting pack
- Windows Internet Explorer 8 setting pack
- Download the tool:
- New users can access these resources by visiting the Microsoft Download Center to download the Security Compliance Manager tool.
- Existing users can access the baseline and setting packs in the tool by clicking the Tools menu, and then clicking Check for Baselines.
- Help spread the word: Tell your friends about these new security resources and the Security Compliance Manager tool.
- Questions? Comments? Feedback? Tell it to the development team.